While our focus remains centred on successfully completed transactions, we love to get involved and help you begin preparing as early as possible. It is amazing how many well run businesses find themselves picking up the pieces when confronted with an issue they were unaware of before due diligence. It is also interesting to appreciate that if you can start thinking like a business that is being sold then those same thoughts will help you reduce risk and increase profitability under your current ownership.
Our consultancy has evolved in a simple way: it is everything we have learned from the questions and approaches of buyers to whom we have sold in the past. These range from UK PLCs, through Private Equity houses, to International groups – all of whom have their own different priorities. We have learned a great deal from these acquirers and now apply that knowledge to your preparation.
We enjoy helping you consider:
- What your ideal outcome really looks like?
- What your business might be worth today?
- What could it be worth in the future and how might you achieve such a higher valuation?
- What are the risks of a sale and what are the alternatives?
- How do buyers assess different types of target and what should you focus upon to ensure you achieve the best possible result.
We have a structured approach to this process which is outlined here. This online system, www.value-vault.com, begins with a straightforward questionnaire which we hope will help you think along the lines of an organisation intending to pay a premium price for your business.
For more detail on specific services, please see below: